Sunday, March 2, 2014

Casanel in Winter


"Wine Saturday" brought me back to Casanel Vineyards, one of the friendliest of all the Virginia vineyards I visit. I showed my "Earthly Paradise" wine picture book to the owners and some customers. Casanel has two pages in my book, one showing a summer scene of their old barn and one of the interior of their tasting room. I sipped Chardonnay from a Casanel glass in their wine cellar downstairs, while drawing a winter scene of woodwork and a leafless vineyard through a large window. Casanel is one of the vineyards I can visit again and again. Their wines are consistently good, the people are great and the landscape is lovely, except in winter when it is muddy.

Pitt technical pen sepia ink, some post-drawing work in Photoshop, March 1, 2014.

No comments: