Sunday, April 10, 2016

Dominion of the Ghosts


This image of an overwrought Victorian mansion was a wraparound cover for a book of spooky stories edited by one of the story writers, S.G. Johnson who was later known as "Gary Bowen." The publishing entity was "Obelesk" Books (yes, spelled that way) and I did a few covers for them in the mid-90s. The house depicted does not exist, I made it up using historical mansion designs that weren't so different. I just added more stuff to the design. The white area to the left is where the blurb, description, and commercial graphics were. I still have my copy, somewhere on the dusty shelves.

Black ink on illustration board,  with computer-printed lettering, 11" x 8 1/2", fall 1994.

1 comment:

Mike (Altus) said...

Ooh, I have a soft spot for giant, haunted mansions. Exploring it would be fun.
Nice job hiding your signature in plain sight. :)