Friday, April 15, 2016

Wheel-i-pede


The process of merged digital and hand-done graphics continues. I find inspiration in an industrial cable transport vehicle where the thick cables are bound onto a wheel train platform. It looks like a centipede, no, it's a wheel-i-pede. I design and draw with real ink the front end and run out of space in my sketchbook. I scan the unfinished drawing, save it, and place it on a memory stick to be transferred to the Cintiq. I suppose I could just send it to myself by e-mail, which would re-direct my little drawing from Metro DC to Sydney to Tokyo to planet Mars and then back through Halifax, Nova Scotia. This done, I add the drawing to a larger blank panel thus giving it room to complete in digital inking. I complete the drawing, save it, place the finished item back on the memory and re-import it to my main system hoping that it won't seize up again when I use Photoshop. A lot of the hardware in my studio (not the brand-new Cintiq) is either failing or has already failed. I hate it when the red light goes on. I don't know if any of what I just wrote makes sense. 

Black tech pen inking and digital inking on sketchbook and virtual page, about 3 3/4" x 4", April 15, 2016. Taxes are done and e-filed to planet Mars.

No comments: