Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Lady Vampires


I did a lot of fan art for privately printed 'zines, illustrating the work of well-known authors like Marion Zimmer Bradley or Katherine Kurtz. But I also did illustrations for stories written by my fellow fans about their original characters and worlds. Most of these original settings weren't too far away from "known worlds" or gaming scenarios. The illustration here is from a vampire storyline where two rival vampire queens flirt with each other at a fancy dress ball. I'm not a vampire fan although I did enjoy a couple of Anne Rice's famous "Vampire Lestat" books. Now there are more vampires than you can count, but I don't do fan art any more.

Black ink on illustration board, 8 1/2" x 11", March 1994. Click on image for larger view.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Love it, reminds me of Aubrey Beardsley's illustrations.