Monday, October 10, 2016

Geometrika 2 circles


These things don't really fit together to make a working mechanism, they only look like works. Kind of like my life right now. Is scanning and processing hundreds of old photos WORK? I don't get paid for it and I doubt whether anyone but me and whoever is in the photo care about it. But there's something compelling about those old photos, it's like detective work to figure out when and where it was taken, information provided by garments, house details, and my own surprisingly vivid memories. Same with these blog entries, and the images on them. My successors won't have to do this kind of one-by-one restoration because everything here is already digitized and speck-free and perfectly color-balanced. After all these years I don't know who else but my handful of fan friends sees this Blog. I wonder what would happen if I posted a recipe for gefilte fish and chicken soup from the Jewish cookbook I rescued. It could happen, bubbeleh.

Black tech pen ink and marker on sketchbook page, 3 1/2" x 4", October 10, 2016.

No comments: