Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Glassware and Plants


It's in my room. A lot of it is. My dwelling is packed not only with archival material and art stuff but my various collections of colorful glass and wearables. So here I am lacking ideas for drawing, why not the glassware? It's bright orange or bright blue or red or rainbow colors and it looks cheerful when the sun shines in and through it. There are also some ratty old plants there. One of them is the descendant of a plant that I got in Cambridge, Mass. in 1977, believe it or not. The "Peace Lily" has seen better days. I think about giving it a radical re-pot job, maybe I will someday. Or maybe I'll just finally dump it. But that would be wrong to destroy a living plant. In the background is part of my vintage lightning rod with its twisted iron rod and a blue glass reflecting ball.

Black tech pen ink on sketchbook page, 4 1/2" x 7", October 12, 2016.

No comments: