Monday, October 31, 2016

Reluctant Bride of Darkover



This was the title art (no lettering was added) to a story by Marion Zimmer Bradley which was published in a fan zine as well as in a DarkoverCon program booklet. The story was titled "Bride Price" and featured a girl who was being forced into an unwanted political marriage. Here she is having a discussion with her hunky new husband, about why she doesn't want to consummate the marriage. If I really wanted to, I could drag out my archival magazines and find out what happened in the story but really I don't. There are sites, believe it or not, which document all these magazines, stories, writers, and artists, along with photos of artwork if it is available. Some of these I don't even remember doing. Was I wasting my time doing all that fan art? Sometimes I was paid for it, other times I volunteered. Does anyone remember it? With all the family archival stuff piled up in my dwelling I don't need to unpack yet another load of 30-year-old memories.

Black ink on illustration board, 8 1/2" x 11", 1985

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Another wonderful elegant illustration. You really should do a Darkover compilation book featuring these.