Saturday, March 13, 2010

Red Star Rising















Here we are again with another in my 1990 series of nebula pictures. This one is called "Red Star Rising" but it doesn't refer to the Soviet space program. The red star in the lower right is being formed in the blue nebula. It is not ready for full star-hood, it is only glowing a dull red as it continues to collect material around it and get bigger and brighter. I love creating stars.

Blogspot has been fooling with the default graphic design for this Blog. I'm not sure I like it, and they've taken away my Lucida Grande font option. Couldn't they just leave well enough alone. I'm going back to the older system, which thankfully, they still offer.

"Red Star Rising" is....here it is again....acrylic on illustration board, 10" x 7", February 1990.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Love the colors! It almost looks like an angry eye the way you have it composed. Good picture.

As for what is happening with blogspot, I am going to be very upset if after I finally get to like and use a technology, they screw it all up!