Sunday, March 14, 2010

Skwerl




This little guy is probably going to advertise nuts and dried fruit for Trader Joe's. He's also an exercise for me in digital inking and coloring. No pencil shavings were produced by this drawing, nor was there any tracing and sketching paper. I traced a picture of a squirrel in Photoshop, using transparent layers. I did the "inkwork" using my Wacom tablet and stylus, so that is really hand-drawn. I also added the color using the "transparent" color option in Photoshop. He's done in high resolution, so he could be enlarged or miniaturized as the sign size requires. No need to be squirrelly about digital graphic design, it's just a different set of tools.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Have you seen the movie "Up"? If so you will understand when I say..SQUIREL!!